Thursday, April 21, 2011

27 Palace Court.

MY LIVING QUARTERS IN THE FALL

I have learned a lot about London through my "London Prep" class this past winter block. We met for two hours a week where we read about the history of England, presented our findings, discussed collaboration of all kinds, welcomed guest speakers, and most importantly… got excited for London. (As if I need any help with that). Kelsie and I already speak in our best British accents, nightly/daily…. always?…

I have also learned a lot about the culture of London and my about-to-be experience. First rule: Never say fanny. Fanny pack, my fanny, Fannie May, fanny fanny fanny… Just don't do it. Second rule of thumb: Clubbing is condoned (by my professor). I didn't know if he was referring to the same clubbing as I was?… He encouraged us to go clubbing for the experience, but to be careful because some clubs could be bad like, "Hippodrome-- if you want to get groped, that's where you go…. So if that's your deal?…" That is never my/anyone else's deal. Rule three: The human body isn't private. But apparently nudity can be enhancing to the play? (I'll do my research before purchasing my tickets). Rule four: British boys are forward. I was a little excited to hear this, because I have a London Bucket List, and of course one of my desires is to go on a date with a British boy. Rule Five: No dating. :) Rule six: It is a pleasurable thing to write on good paper. Rule seven: Weekly markets will be frequented by me, as will Primark (the store that is so cheap I should probably be concerned for little children in China?)

My London class has been such a fun experience, and has prepped me for many more to come. I never thought I'd be old enough for this. And somehow still don't think that I am. In my mind I will forever be sitting on my porch overlooking my playground with squinty eyes and a popsicle. An event that marks my childhood, but not for too long, because that playground was always calling my name. I think there's a new kind of playground calling my name these days, and it will be an adventure.

2 comments:

  1. you are going to LOVE it there!!! 27 Palace Court is my favorite place EVER! That's where I spent 6 months of my life and I cannot wait for you to experience the wonderful goodness!!! Have so so so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to join you! Oh to be young again! You will have a blast.

    ReplyDelete