Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I'm done with being Organic.


I've officially finished all my organic chemistry requirements (mmk besides an advanced organic lab?!) :) But for now, I'm done… as least with any classes coinciding with pre-med/pre-dent students, which is weirdly a relief, mostly because I'm done being asked, "what [I] got on the test?" In a way I was flattered to be somebody's standard for success? But mostly, not really… I wanted everyone to do well (in the beginning), even though most didn't want anybody to do well, and I didn't want my success to be based off the failure of others, but the pre-professionals bred that, and I found myself not wanting anyone to do well, or to do slightly worse than me.  So my malicious attitude has been reformed, and the competitive cut-throat personalities are out of the Benson (or at least my classrooms).  I'm half-way done with my college career now, and I still feel like a baby, luckily two years is a long time… or at least long enough.

Speaking of time and passing years, my dad had a birthday this past month and not just any birthday.  This was his 50th! That's half a century!  I'm tempted to say he's old, but he can still out bike me on any mountain and help me with my college level homework, so maybe aged would be a better word choice. aged to perfection.  Because my dad truly is almost perfect, and I can't wait for the adventures in the next 50 years. 

In celebration of finishing finals - (not having any commitments in Provo) my mom and I headed up to Park City for a few days.  We laughed and laughed and laughed like we were children! It was beautiful.  And I think I'm going to own the Montage, or Stein Eriksen Lodge someday… or at least a cabin up in the middle of nowhere, because nothing can surpass its purple mountain majesty.  It screams America, or at least my kind of America, and I like it a lot.     





No comments:

Post a Comment