Monday, March 10, 2014

It's just what I wanted


One of my favorite family home videos takes place Christmas of 1995.  My parents had filmed us opening presents around the tree in hopes of capturing the moment.  After I opened every present I would say with all sincerity in my heart, "it's just what I wanted!"  Then I'd move on to the next present and repeat once again, "it's just what I wanted!" Each present I opened my tone of voice was just as surprised and thrilled as the previous present.   I'm convinced that that Christmas I really did get "just what I wanted." Now I feel much like I did on that Christmas, being married to Jacob.

Jacob and I have known each other since we were seventh graders.  He kissed me on the seventh, we dated probably about seven different times, and have been married about seven months.  He has always had the most special spot in my heart. 

And every day I really do feel like this is just what I wanted.



1 comment: