Monday, January 31, 2011

I wanted to be them.



These girls rocked. I remember putting on frequent shows in Linsey Daluga's basement performing their top songs for…. our family, and anyone else that would listen. We researched the proper Spice Girl attire, and set up the stage oh so perfectly; I know they would have been proud! We made tickets for everyone. They were free of course. Clayton and Derek were on lights and stage management, so Cailey, Linsey, and I just had to worry about choreography and singing. I adored posh spice and loved scary spice's intimidating nature. I tried to sing with a raspy voice, because that surely was how she sang?… They hit an all-time high, in my opinion, when they came out with Spice World in 1997. I would ask where they went, but I still listen to them quite often, and sing one of their songs every time I go skiing.

So why the Spice Girls?.. Because I'm going to London with the London Study Abroad Fall 2011 and maybe I'll form a rockin' girl band during my visit. :)

3 comments:

  1. Sweetheart, you know I could not be prouder of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan! I'm so jealous! :) I'm probably not going to make it to London until 2012. Um........ can we hang out soon? Banana run? Or just regular running works too :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, I just looked up differential equations on wikipedia.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differential_equation

    THIS IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE TO YOU???

    Dang girl. On an unrelated note, Posh Spice was my favorite forever and my friends and I would fight over who got to be her when we played Spice Girls.

    ReplyDelete