Saturday, January 29, 2011

PdBio 120= Chemistry.

PdBio 120 is my first real exposure to biology; I took human biology my freshman year in high school, but I would hardly call that "real". So far I've learned a lot about… Chemistry. My book titled: Biological Science reads, "Chemists had worked out the structure of nucleotides and knew that DNA polymerized through the formation of phosphodiester linkages" (62). I also learned Chemists, Sidney Altman and Thomas Cech shared the Nobel Prize in chemistry for showing that ribozymes exist in organisms. These are just two specific examples out of the many I have read about in my biology book. Chemists created biology, I think. I think it's the master science… I think this is why I'm majoring in chemistry.

1 comment:

  1. Chemical Engineering >= Chemistry > Biology > Psychology

    that's a "greater than or equal to" sign though i agree to your thoughts on bio and chemistry being a universal science :)

    ReplyDelete