Friday, December 30, 2011

Come what may and love it.

I was a little disappointed to be greeted by 50 degree weather in December after my adventures in London. I was anticipating the snow and the harsh driving and couldn't wait to love it all.  While I was in London I was mocked for loving the cold crisp air and saying, "yeah it's cold, but it kind of feels good though," because it did kind of feel good.  The cold weather seems to be cleansing and offers something refreshing or if for nothing else, it has always guaranteed snow, which means skiing = one happy girl.  So the lack of a wintery Christmas break is sad.  But then I vividly remember receiving multiple texts and emails filled with pictures of my dad and little Kodiak (my dog that isn't so little) up on a fall bike ride when I was in London, which killed me, so I can't complain about this fall-like weather, because earlier this week I got to go on a night hike.  And today the October weather called for a mountain bike ride with my favorite people, and December 30th has never been so pretty, perhaps because I'm home or maybe just because I could taste renewal, but either way I've missed the racetrack with its Utah sunsets.  I can't ski without snow, but I will always be outside.  And… this weather almost makes me feel like I wasn't gone at all.








1 comment:

  1. oh the mountain biking.....good times, good times.

    NEVER AGAIN!!

    the pain....the agony...the embarrassment.

    ReplyDelete