Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Paris is better at night.




I think it's safe to say that Paris is better at night - there's something about the streets.. possibly they seem more grandeur and sophisticated or maybe just empty.  There's something about the streets that seems mystifying with the lights, and the reflections, and I don't feel rushed anymore.  I'm not a tourist because museums are closed, and I have no place to be, so I'm walking without bustle or gypsies, just among little hidden thieves and cool-weathered clothes - it's better that way.  So perhaps when I found myself alone in my hotel past midnight, I liked the Paris solace too much to draw attention to a missing roommate, and perhaps she thanked me for her time in the streets.  

1 comment:

  1. I'll take your word for it Megs...Hopefully one day I get to see it. Cute entry, your such a good writer!

    ReplyDelete