Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Home for the Holidays.




I finished my last final on Thursday at 12:45 PM and rushed back to my dorm to change into my Sunday-best to pick up Clayt from the airport. This was a process slash adventure of sorts?… One question: Since when did Utah have standstill traffic?! Kelsie told me to hurry when I got back to my dorm warning me that there would probably be traffic. I laughed… Later (about an hour later) that joke wasn't so funny.

Andrew and I both had our phones out and were checking the traffic update… constantly. We were discouraged as we watched the "time-to-distination" increase from thirty minutes to over an hour. We evaluated our options… Drive up the shoulder? logical. Have Leslie fake a full-term pregnancy to the nearby police officer for a direct route to the hospital/airport?… illogical. Pull out a fake siren for our car? illegal. (plus, we didn't have one… at the time). As we weighed our options we decided we'd try driving up the shoulder to hurry and exit, but the problem was that other cars decided they would take the law into their own hands and not let us by, but some cars followed our example, so I considered it a success.

We finally made it to the airport, after much delay… and even missed his entrance, but our awesome extended family was there to welcome him home, and he's home safely, and that's all that matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment